Terms of payment
For your reservation to be firm and definite, a deposit of 30% of the rent must be paid by bank transfer or check as a reservation deposit and the balance at the latest 2 weeks before the arrival date.
On the day of arrival, the tenant will also make a security deposit (amount which generally varies between 500 and 1000 Euros according to the duration of the stay and/or the number of people occupying the villa) which will be given to the landlord in cash. (Please note that checks are not accepted) This sum will be returned to the tenant after deduction of the estimate of the damage caused to the villa, its furniture, and its equipment after a contradictory inventory established between the parties.
In case of withdrawal of the tenant outside of any responsibility of the landlord or for reasons of force majeure, the payment of the first installment made by the tenant more than 8 weeks before the date of arrival, will remain definitively paid to the landlord as a deposit. But in this case, the tenant will be able to postpone his rent of 12 months at most but according to the availabilities of the villa and by taking into account the tariff adjustments according to the period. If the cancellation occurs less than 8 weeks before the date of arrival, the tenant will not be entitled to a postponement of his rental and all the payments made by the tenant will remain definitively acquired by the lessor except if he manages to find another tenant for the same period, in which case he will inform the tenant who will be reimbursed after deduction of the bank transfer fees. The tenant is advised to insure against any event that would force him to withdraw.
The lessee is advised to insure all personal belongings and the lessor and/or his representatives will not be held responsible in any way in case of breach, theft, etc.
General terms and conditions
- Arrival time (check in) is expected between noon and 2pm depending on the villas. If the tenant wishes to arrive to the premises before, he will have to pay 50% of the nightly rate. Check out time is at 10am. If the tenant wishes to stay in the premises after 10 am, he will have to pay 50% of the nightly rate.
- For each arrival, the landlord provides the tenant with a welcome basket including basics such as tea, coffee, bread, sugar, milk, butter etc. Toilet paper, garbage bags, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent and laundry powder are at the tenant’s expense.
- The tenant has the obligation to occupy the premises personally, to live in them “as a good father of the family” and to maintain them. All the installations are in working order and any complaint concerning them occurring more than 24 hours after the entry in enjoyment of the places, could not be admitted. Repairs made necessary by negligence or poor maintenance during the rental period will be charged to the tenant.
- The tenant has the obligation to ensure that the peace and quiet of the neighborhood is not disturbed by the tenant, his family or his guests.
- The tenant is forbidden to sublet the villa or to transfer his lease rights.
- The premises are rented furnished with kitchen equipment, dishes, glassware, sheets and pillows, as they are in the attached description. If necessary, the lessor or his representative will be entitled to claim from the lessee at his departure the total value at the replacement price of the objects, furniture or materials broken, cracked, chipped or deteriorated and those whose wear would exceed the normal for the duration of hiring, the price of cleaning of the covers/cushions/sofa made dirty, an allowance for the deteriorations of any nature concerning the curtains, walls, ceilings, carpets, windows, bed linen, etc.
- The lessor insures the dwelling both on his own behalf and on behalf of the lessee, who is therefore exempt from rental risks. However, the lessee is obliged to notify the lessor within 24 hours of any damage to the dwelling, its outbuildings or accessories. The tenant and his insurers waive any recourse against the landlord and his insurers.
- The Lessee shall not object to the visit of the premises when requested by the Lessor or its representative.